One good news over the weekend—Olivia got over her fever! Yay! A good thing they didn’t have school since Thursday and they had to stay home. I’m still making her take her medicine and make sure her fluid intake is good and eating and resting good. She’s ready to go back to school tomorrow and I’m hoping I won’t get a call from the school because of her temperature.
I crossed out a few things on my to-do list.
- My progress report for this month for my exchange students is done.
- I scheduled a meeting with a host family and my new South Korean exchange student for tomorrow.
- I checked our family budget for the end of the month and took care of paying some bills.
- I did the laundry.
- I exercised twice (walking and strength training. Woo Hoo!)
We were “homebodies” all Saturday. I didn’t even step outside.
We enjoyed our Sunday though. The weather was good. I went for a walk early morning while my family was still sleeping. Gosh, I can’t remember the last time I walked outside. This winter season, I spent most of the time on a treadmill to do my exercise. There’s always a great feeling every time I spend time outside.
If the weather is nice, we let our daughters spend more time outside.
It was funny to see Marie walking back and forth in the snow for half an hour. For some reason she found joy doing it. It was a good workout and free entertainment for her, I’m guessing. She also enjoyed her bubbles!
Even if it’s weekend, we always make sure they have time for reading. I ask the girls to read at least one book and they can play again.
Our weekend is nothing fancy. It’s simple yet happy!
Have a great start of the week, my friends!
A sick child and me catching a cold. I’m glad the weekend is finally here!
I like my new job. I really do. But after one busy and interesting week, I’m ready to enjoy my weekend by staying home. Our youngest daughter, Olivia, is having a fever since Tuesday. It’s on and off though. Her case is she gets feel better the next day and running a fever the next day.
This week I got two phone calls from school while I was at work. They wanted me to pick up Olivia because her temperature was high and that was on Tuesday. On Wednesday, they called past 11 am and said Olivia was sluggish that day. They said she was not participating in her class at all. She just laid her head on the table looking not good. I’m on my 90-day probationary period and this one becomes an issue with my husband over road trucking. I’m thankful we have friends that we can count on if things like this happens. Our friend watched her on Tuesday and Wednesday. I gave her medicine and asked her to drink plenty of water and get rested up. Now I got a cold.
But on the good note though is we celebrated Valentine’s day as family. We all got (inexpensive) presents. At work I got my two favorite candies too!
These will last me for a while.
That night we ate at the steak house in town. That Wednesday night Olivia was feeling better. A good thing they didn’t have school Thursday and Friday. They spent the whole day on Thursday with a babysitter and this morning, I dropped them off at our neighbor’s house (adoptive grandpa) to spend a couple hours with him. He then dropped them off at daycare and picked them up before four this afternoon. I get off work at 5 pm and it takes half an hour to get home but I went straight to the parish center in town to order fish fry take out. We’ll do this every Friday in observance of Lent season.
I want to keep it slow this weekend but Saturdays are reserved for house cleaning which I don’t mind at all. I have to clean the bathroom, do some chores, work on our taxes. Then rest, rest, rest.
(Note: This is not a sponsored blog post. Product reviews/opinions are my own.)
I thought I’d post something even if it’s on weekend.
I was cleaning and thought about the number of savings we had this week.
So here they are!
- I’ve been using Pantene brand for my hair shampoo and conditioner for years. Lately, I’ve been using Garnier shampoo, the Fructis kind that smells fruity! Heh. I got it from Baker’s weeks ago as closeout item. They were selling it for $5.49 regular price and guess what? I only paid for $1.65 for each bottle. I might sound like a hoarder but I bought seven of them! So I should be good until summer, maybe?
- My daughter Marie and I baked a big pan of banana bread last week. We ended up sharing some of it with our neighbor and with the guys at the guard check where my husband works (because they love my banana bread!) and we kept the rest. For two days, I brought square pieces at work for my snack because I don’t want to buy something from the company’s vending machine.
- I packed lunch at work most of the week. I brought either ham & cheese sandwich or heated a can of Progresso soup.
- I used my fuel rewards when I filled up gas last Friday. I saved almost $4 that day and my car is full tank!
- I ate a lunch buffet at KFC for free! I used the $10 gift card that my previous company gave me last Christmas. I kept the card because I still have a $1 and some change in it that I’ll be using when I go back.
- I bought a dozen of donuts at my favorite donut shop during my hour lunch break at work last Friday. My husband didn’t have to work Saturday and I thought about having a “cheat day” aka donut day for breakfast is not really a bad thing, especially when I only paid for them 50% off!
- Marie is such a great kitchen helper. She made us homemade taco tonight. She’s been begging for this these past few days so I let her take over the kitchen to make it for our supper. I did the chopping and dicing of lettuce and tomatoes though.
- We activated my husband’s new phone this week but he kept the same number. He used to have a Tracfone. As a truck driver, my husband needs good coverage and unlimited minutes plan for an affordable price. This is something that Tracfone couldn’t provide. We shopped around and holy carrots! The guy from Sprint store told him the lowest plan my husband could buy was worth $100! That’s a lot of Benjamin Franklin for a single plan and that excludes the phone itself. I asked myself who pays for that kind of hefty price? For one phone? Sayonara, Sprint! We went to StraightTalk instead. For unlimited minutes plus phone is free, I’m sure my husband will stick with it for a long time. I’m keeping my Net10 though since I really don’t have to, but I might check on that too sometime.
- Tomorrow we’ll go to a friend’s daughter’s first birthday party. Gift giving is something I love to do especially for young kids at this age. I bought the birthday girl two pairs of cute outfit from a shopping store and I got great deals for price. Plus, I’m reusing a birthday gift bag that I saved from our daughters’ birthday parties. Toddlers especially one-year-olds because because they won’t remember any of these!
Happy savings, everyone!
I hope you’re all having a great weekend!